Photo by: Arash Moallemi
Recipe by: Susur Lee
- 3 cups butternut squash
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- ½ cup white wine (Riesling)
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 piece grated fresh ginger (about same size as shallot)
- pinch of salt
- pinch of nutmeg
For the garnish
- 5 tbsp diced cucumber, with skin on
- 1 tsp Japanese tekka seasoning (¼ tsp/bowl)
- 4 tsp buckwheat honey
- julienned fresh ginger (3 to 4 sticks/bowl)
- Combine and simmer the squash, stock, wine, shallot, ginger, salt and nutmeg for 25 minutes.
- Purée in a blender.
- Divide purée into four bowls, then top each soup with garnish.
- Serve warm.
Jacob’s Creek wine pairing: Riesling
HELLO! Canada magazine is available for your tablet and smartphone. Get HELLO! Canada, PEOPLE, Vanity Fair and over 100 more of the world’s best magazines for one low monthly price at Texture by Next Issue. CLICK HERE to sign up for a free trial.