Photo by: Arash Moallemi
Recipe by: Susur Lee
- 2 cups ripe mango, diced
- 3 tbsp sweet onion, finely diced and soaked in water
- ¼ tsp habanero chili, finely sliced
- 1 tsp fresh mint
- 1 stalk fresh coriander
- juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tsp brown sugar or honey
- sea salt to taste
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 shallots, diced
- 2 tsp ginger, minced
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp onion or olive oil
- 1 tsp coriander, chopped
- 6 tsp Susur’s jerk seasoning (available at restaurants Lee and Bent)
- To make mango salad, combine all ingredients. Can be made 3 to 4 hours before serving.
- For the chicken, add shallots, ginger, garlic, onion oil and coriander to a sauté pan and cook on low heat for about 10 minutes or until it bubbles.
- Add the jerk seasoning and let cool.
- Once cooled, coat the chicken breasts with the mixture and marinate for up to 6 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350° F and roast with skin side down. Flip after 10 minutes and cook skin side up for 10 more minutes or until internal temp reaches 165° F.
- Serve the chicken atop the mango salad.
Jacob’s Creek wine pairing: Shiraz
HELLO! Canada magazine is available for your tablet and smartphone. Get HELLO! Canada, PEOPLE, Vanity Fair and over 100 more of the world’s best magazines for one low monthly price at Texture by Next Issue. CLICK HERE to sign up for a free trial.