Image: The Best of Rose Reisman/Whitecap
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- ½ tsp minced fresh garlic
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 lb snow peas, trimmed
- 2 tbsp chopped toasted cashews
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Combine the honey, vinegar, sesame oil, soy sauce and garlic in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the snow peas and cook until tender-crisp, about 3 minutes. Pour the sauce over the peas and cook until heated through. Serve immediately, garnished with cashews and sesame seeds.
If you add some cooked tofu cubes to this dish, you have an entire vegetarian meal.
Always use low-sodium soy sauce because of the high levels of sodium in regular soy sauce. One tablespoon of regular soy sauce has 900 mg of sodium, whereas the low sodium version has only 500 mg.