Recipe courtesy Le Creuset
Serves 6 – 8
Wine Paring: Sancerre Sauvignon Blanc
- ½ pounds haricots verts
- ½ cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1½ tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1½ tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1½ ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- ¾ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- First, cook the haricots verts. Bring salted water to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Prepare a seperate bowl of water with ice.
- Trim the ends of the haricots verts. Add to the simmering water and cook until al dente. Transfer to the ice bath with a slotted spoon to stop the cooking process. Remove after a minute. Pat dry with paper towels and set aside.
- Next, prepare the dressing. In a food processor, puree cranberries until smooth. Add vinegar, shallot, mustard and sugar. Process until blended. Slowly add oil until blended. Transfer to a bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To assemble, add the goat cheese and walnuts to the haircots verts, and toss with the dressing.
HELLO! Canada magazine is available for your tablet and smartphone. Get HELLO! Canada, PEOPLE, Vanity Fair and over 100 more of the world’s best magazines for one low monthly price at Texture by Next Issue. CLICK HERE to sign up for a free trial.