Serves 2 to 3
- • Coconut oil, for greasing
- • 480 g cauliflower, blitzed in a blender into small “rice”
- • 1 egg
- • pinch of sea salt and ground black pepper
- • 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- • 1 tbsp gluten-free flour
- • 1 tsp nutritional yeast flakes
- • roasted eggplant and peppers
- • 135 g cashew nuts
- • juice and zest of 1 lemon
- • 1 garlic clove, peeled
- • handful fresh basil
- • handful fresh parsley
- • sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- • olive oil
- Make the pesto first. Soak the cashew nuts in a bowl of water overnight. Then drain and put in a blender with the rest of the pesto ingredients. Blend, keeping a little bit of texture.
- To make the pizza, preheat the oven to 325° F. Grease a baking sheet with coconut oil, line it with parchment paper and grease it, too.
- Steam the cauliflower for 3 to 4 minutes but don’t let it go mushy. Remove any excess water by squeezing it in a tea towel. Put the cauliflower into a large bowl, adding the egg, seasoning, flour and yeast flakes. Mix well.
- Spoon the mixture – it should still be a little wet – over the lined baking sheet and spread it out evenly over the paper. Be sure there are no holes in the mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes, or until golden and crisp. Remove from the baking sheet and leave to air for a few minutes.
- Spread over a little pesto and arrange roasted eggplant and peppers over the top.
Amelia Freer was working as a personal assistant to Prince Charles when she realized the exhaustion she was feeling wasn’t because of her job (although “busy and demanding,” she says), but how she was eating. After studying nutritional therapy for four years, she got her health back on track – and has now helped the likes of newly svelte British pop star Sam Smith do the same, with her self-help guide to nutrition Eat. Nourish. Glow., which includes a section on recipes. “Amelia has completely transformed my relationship with food,” raves Sam, who lost 14 pounds in two weeks following her advice. “It’s not even about weight loss, it’s about feeling happy in yourself.”
HELLO! Canada magazine is available for your tablet and smartphone. Get HELLO! Canada, PEOPLE, Vanity Fair and over 100 more of the world’s best magazines for one low monthly price at Texture by Next Issue. CLICK HERE to sign up for a free trial.