- • 3 kg smoked bone-in cooked ham
- • 3 ½ cups pineapple juice
- • ½ cup packed brown sugar
- • ⅓ cup thinly sliced ginger
- • ¼ cup sodium-reduced soy sauce
- • 3 tbsp unsalted butter, cubed
- • 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Position rack in lower third of oven. Preheat to 325° F. Slice off and discard any ham rind and netting, if needed. Place ham, fat-side up, in a 9 × 13-in. baking dish. Using a sharp knife, score top and sides of ham in a diamond pattern, about ¼ in. deep. Cover with foil and seal to pan edges. Bake 15 min per 500 g, about 1 ½ to 2 hours.
- Combine pineapple juice, sugar, ginger and soy in a medium saucepan. Boil over medium-high, stirring occasionally, until syrupy and reduced to 1 cup, 30 to 35 min. Discard ginger. Remove from heat and whisk in butter and Dijon.
- Remove foil and brush ham with a quarter of the glaze. Continue baking, brushing with glaze every 15 min, until a digital thermo-meter inserted into thickest part of ham registers 140° F, about 45 min. Let stand 10 min before slicing. Serve with remaining glaze.
Chatelaine spreads festive cheer with this flavourful feast. Also in the December issue: show-stopping cookies and treats, all with the triple-tested seal.
HELLO! Canada magazine is available for your tablet and smartphone. Get HELLO! Canada, PEOPLE, Vanity Fair and over 100 more of the world’s best magazines for one low monthly price at Texture by Next Issue. CLICK HERE to sign up for a free trial.