Treat your mom this Mother's Day to a sweet and boozy breakfast courtesy of the team at Pikanik Bakery! The homegrown establishment, which recently won Innovator of the Year from the Canadian Bakers Journal, specializes in gluten-free, nut-free, soy-free and dairy-free products.
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Active time: 20 minutes
- • 1 small (160 ml) can of coconut milk
- • 2 Tbsp Malibu liqueur
- • 2 eggs
- • 8 thick slices of gluten free bread (we recommend Pikanik honey sandwich bread)
- • 1 Tbsp extra virgin coconut oil (divided)
- • 2 cups fresh pineapple, cut into 1/2” pieces
- • 2 teaspoons sugar
- • 1 cup pineapple juice
- • So Delicious CoCo Whip
- Mix coconut milk, Malibu and eggs in a bowl - beat well until fully combined.
- Dry fresh pineapple on paper towel. Sprinkle with sugar. Place pineapple in a pan on the stove, medium high heat. Allow pineapple to caramelize, turning occasionally to ensure it browns well. Once browned, add pineapple juice and turn down to medium-low heat allowing the juice to reduce down until it’s reduced by half.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, melt 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil. Dip sliced bread into the coconut milk mixture until well coated, hold up allowing excess liquid to drain, and place in the hot coconut oil. Cook for a few minutes per side, until it’s golden brown on both sides. Add more coconut oil as needed for additional slices.
- Place french toast on a plate, top with pineapple, add a generous dollop of Coco Whip and drizzle the pineapple juice reduction on top.