Along with a dazzling array of fabulous fashions, The Duchess of Cambridge nee Kate Middleton has been showcasing her luscious locks while on tour Down Under.
From regal ponytails to half-updos, Prince George’s stylish mom looks gorgeous in any style she wears, but the mother-of-one has a clear preference for big, bouncy curls.
And the 32-year-old royal isn’t the only famous Kate who’s fond of the look. Blond bombshell Kate Upton recently attended the 2014 MTV Movie Awards sporting waves reminiscent of Catherine's trademark tresses.
Photo: © Getty, Jeff Kravitz image
Hairstylist to the stars Peter Butler is responsible for crafting the supermodel’s bold curls on the big night and gave HELLO! Online some tips on how to get the look at home.
“I wanted big, polished hair,” he explained of the finished product.
Don’t we all?
Get the look:
1. To create lots of volume, hold and lift, begin by applying a volumizing spray (Peter likes Moroccanoil Root Boost) to the roots and then blanketing the locks with a volumizing mousse. Using a paddle brush blow dry the hair in large sections.
2. Next, divide the hair into two-inch sections, misting with hair spray and wrapping each section around a two-inch barrel curling iron to create a rough wave.
3. To create a tighter curl and additional bounce, divide the hair at the top of the head into three sections and curled each with a one-inch barrel iron from front-to-back (bang-to-crown).
4. Once the curls cool, brushed out all of the hair using a bristle brush and create a side part with a comb.
5. For added shine, spray two pumps of finishing spray (Peter recommends Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine) into the air and waft it over the hair.
6. Last, run a wide-tooth comb through the waves to separate them into a natural look and blast with hairspray to set the look.
Duchess Kate Photo: Getty, Kate Upton photo: Jeff Kravitz at FilmMagic, Inc.