Beyoncé fans know that her Instagram feed is a hotbed of stunning selfies, and it seems she may have a trick up her sleeve. The superstar's stylist, Ty Hunter, has invented a special phone accessory to ensure that every snap is a knockout.
The Ty-Lite phone case illuminates the face with its old school dressing room-style lights, meaning shadows and eyebags are banished.
It's the same concept as the LuMee LLC, the self-lit phone case championed by Kim Kardashian.
The reality-TV star liked the case so much that she partnered with the brand earlier this month.
"Now my ’perfect selfie secret’ is out — the LuMee® Case! I have been utilizing my LuMee case for over a year and I love it so much that I partnered with the company on a business level," said Kim.
"LuMee is the original self-lit front-facing lighted case and was invented by a professional photographer who knows how to take great pictures. The LuMee case is the first product that merges social media, fashion and technology in a perfect way. The LuMee team is very creative and we have been working together to be able to introduce a new line of innovative products in 2016.'”
If you're not ready to invest in selfie equipment just yet, here are our top at-home tips.
- Experiment with angles. Try tilting your head, showing off your 'best side' is generally more flattering than a straight-on shot.
- Stand in the light. Pick a spot with great lighting, it's the key to a flattering selfie. Watch yourself in the camera as you spin round to find the best possible lighting.
- Highlight. If you can't find great lighting, sweep highlighter across your cheekbones, chin nose and forehead to fake a gorgeous glow.
- Hold the camera above your head. This angle is flattering, and gives your selfies an arty feel. Plus – you can also show off some of your outfit.
- Extend your neck. You can completely remove any double chin in your photo and accentuate your jaw line by extending your neck forward. This might feel a bit strange, but it will provide a more flattering selfie.