- Beyoncé was performing in Sao Paulo, Brazil, this weekend when an overly-excited male fan tried to pull her down into the crowd.
- The 32-year-old singer knelt down to sing her hit “Irreplaceable” when she was nearly pulled offstage by the shirtless concertgoer, who appeared to wrap his arms around the megastar in a bear hug.
- The star’s team of security guards reacted quickly, pulling her back onstage and rushing to apprehend the fan.
- Beyoncé, however, kept her composure admirably. She reassured the crowd and her security team, “It’s alright, it’s alright,” and continued to dance and belt out the tune while wearing a sparkly blue leotard.
- After finishing her performance, Beyoncé knelt down from the stage to address the eager fan.
- “Let me speak to the gentleman,” she said. “He just got excited. It’s alright.” She then asked the man’s name and shook his hand.
- “Thank you, I love you, too,” she said, as the crowd erupted into applause and chanted her name.
- The singer was in the South American city as part of her Mrs. Carter world tour, which finishes on Dec. 22 at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y.
HELLO! Canada magazine is available for your tablet and smartphone. Get HELLO! Canada, PEOPLE, Vanity Fair and over 100 more of the world’s best magazines for one low monthly price at Texture by Next Issue. CLICK HERE to sign up for a free trial.