After speculation and rumours of a last-minute cancellation, Jennifer Lopez has confirmed that she will be performing at the World Cup opening ceremony in Brazil on Thursday.
“Jennifer has always wanted to participate in the World Cup opening ceremonies,” her rep told People. “We have been trying to work out scheduling and logistics.”
“Any statements to the contrary were premature. Jennifer would not want to disappoint her fans or fans of futbol. She will be there.”
Jennifer will appear as part of the opening ceremony’s grand finale, performing the official song of the Brazil World Cup, We Are One (Ole Ole), which also features vocals from Pitbull and Brazilian pop star Clauida Leitte.
The confirmation statement comes just one day after FIFA announced that the 44-year-old had cancelled her plan to perform due to unspecified “production issues”.
It emerged earlier this week that Jennifer had split from long-term boyfriend Casper. The couple called it quits after two-and-a-half years of dating.
There was speculation that their romance was on the rocks a couple of months ago, and more recently there were reports that Casper, 27, had been sending messages and photos to a transsexual bikini model.
Following the split news Jennifer — mum to six-year-old twins Max and Emme from her marriage to Marc Anthony — is said to be “doing really well and working hard”.