The Hello! Canada SIP Giveaway Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Rogers Publishing Limited (the “Contest Sponsor” or “Rogers”) and is open to residents of Canada, sixteen (16) years of age or older at the time of entry, excluding residents of the province of Quebec and excluding employees of Contest Sponsor, its parent and affiliated companies, representatives, dealers and agents, contest suppliers and judges, and those with whom they are domiciled (the “entrants”).
Period starts at 12 PM on April 25, 2014, and closes at 5 PM (Pacific Time) on April 25, 2014, the Contest Closing Date. All times in the present rules are
Eastern Daylight Saving Times. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
2. HOW TO PARTICIPATE
Go to www.Facebook.com/HELLOCanadaMagazine or if you have not yet added the Hello! Canada fan page to your Facebook profile, do so by searching for the Hello! Canada fan page and clicking the “like” button. Then, find the post from 12 PM that asks a question and offers a special collector's edition as a prize.
Limit of one (1) entry per person. Any attempt or suspected attempt to enter more than once per person, any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or any entry methods not authorized by these rules, shall be deemed as tampering and will void all of your entries. All entries that are incomplete, illegible, damaged, contain an erroneous phone and/or email address or do not conform to or satisfy any condition of the rules may be disqualified by the Contest Sponsor.
Participants are eligible to win one (1) copy of our Kate's World special issue, approximate retail value $9.95.
4. DRAW - A random draw by a representative of the Contest Sponsor from all entries received will be made at approximately 5:00 pm on April 25, 2013 at the Rogers office at One Mount Pleasant Avenue, Toronto, Ontario. Selected entrant will be contacted through their Facebook page.
5. If the selected entrant cannot be reached within five (5) business days following the first attempt of contact, incorrectly answers the skill-testing question, declines the prize, or fails to return a Release of Liability as specified below, Contest Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to select another entrant or to cancel the prize.
6. Prize must be accepted as awarded and are not transferable, redeemable, refundable or exchangeable for cash and not replaceable if lost/stolen. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with a prize of at least equal value in the event of the unavailability, for whatever reason, of the advertised prize
7. To be declared a winner, selected entrants must first correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question administrated by email or by phone; and may need to return a signed Declaration of Compliance with the Contest Rules and a full Liability and Publicity Release. In the event the selected entrant is a minor, the entrant’s parent or legal guardian will be deemed to be the entrant who must meet all contest eligibility requirements and who may accept the prize on behalf of the minor. Contest judges' rulings are final and without appeal in all matters related to the promotion and the awarding of prizes.
8. By entering this Contest and/or accepting a prize, entrants consent to the use of their entry, name, city of residence and/or voice, statements, any photographs or other likenesses for publicity, advertising or informational purposes carried out by the Contest Sponsor and/or its advertising agencies in any medium or format without further notice or compensation.
9. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
10. No communications will be entered into except with selected entrants. To receive a copy of the list of the winners, send a postage-paid, self-addressed envelope on or before the Contest Closing Dateto: Jessica Pollack, Managing Editor, Digital at Hello! Canada, 1 Mount Pleasant Rd., Toronto, Ontario, M4Y2Y5 or email email@example.com.
11. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries. Contest Sponsor takes no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, late or destroyed entries, or for typographical or other production errors. Contest Sponsor is not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this Contest. All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor.
13. By entering this Contest, entrants release and hold harmless the Contest Sponsor, its advertising and promotional agencies and the contest judge(s), their affiliates and respective directors, officers, owners, partners, employees, agents, dealers, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively the “Releasees”) from any liability in connection with this Contest or, if declared a winner, the prize
14. This Contest will be run in accordance with these rules, subject to amendment by Contest Sponsor,. Entrants must comply with these rules, and will be deemed to have received and understood the rules by participating in the Contest. The terms of this Contest, as set out in these rules, are not subject to amendment or counter-offer, except as set out herein.
15. Contest Sponsor assumes no responsibility for failure of the internet or the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or suspend this Contest should a virus, bug or other cause beyond their reasonable control corrupt the security or proper administration of the Contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Contest Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.