Adorable Pitch Perfect alums — and real-life engaged couple — Anna Camp and Skylar Astin stopped by Toronto to judge an a cappella competition as part of North by Northeast (NXNE), Toronto’s week-long music and culture festival. Between gaming at a bar arcade and posing for an adorable photo op, the couple answered a couple of quick questions. Here’s what we learned...
1. What they’re looking for in an a cappella face-off: Skylar emphasized original and dynamic performances, while Anna claimed she wants energy, harmony and people who are “pitch perfect.” Duh.
2. Why they love a cappella: It’s a perfect blend of humour, uniformity, love and music — plus it’s a great group activity.
3. What they know about the upcoming third movie in the Pitch Perfect franchise: They plead the fifth. Apparently the script isn’t finished yet and they haven’t been given any details about what’s in store for Aubrey and Jesse.
4. What their ideal next roles are: Anna is tired of playing “that blond girl” and is looking for a part that will have her dyeing (or even shaving) her head. Skylar doesn’t want to be typecast either; he’s open to playing anything from a dad to a villain!
5. Their go-to cutesy couple activity: Watching The Bachelorette and eating fro-yo. Or, watching Game of Thrones and eating fro-yo. Basically, lots of fro-yo.