Hugh Jackman has revealed he's had more skin cancer treatment. Taking to his Instagram page on Monday, the 48-year-old urged his followers to take extra precaution when heading out into the sunshine. Alongside a selfie of his nose wrapped up in a bandage, he commented: "Another basal cell carcinoma. Thanks to frequent body checks and amazing doctors, all is well. Looks worse with the dressing on than off. I swear! #wearsunscreen"
The Wolverine star, who has been diagnosed with basal cell carcinoma, first revealed he had cancerous cells removed in November 2013. He sought out treatment after his wife Deborra-Lee Furness encouraged him to get a mole checked. Last year, the Australian actor revealed he has had five skin cancers removed since his diagnosis.
STORY: Hugh Jackman reveals skin cancer news on Twitter
During a promotional tour in 2014, Hugh told reporters he has to visit doctors every three months to treat the cancerous growth. He confessed: "I'm realistic about the future and it's more than likely that I'll have at least one more but probably many more. It's not uncommon for an Aussie particularly from English stock growing up in Australia where I don't remember ever being told to put sunscreen on. The beauty of this is it's all preventable. It's just about getting proper check-ups. I can be a typical man, I couldn't be bothered, and now I'm not lazy at all."
The father-of-two often uses social media to raise awareness of the dangers of unprotected sun exposure. Last year, he shared another picture following treatment and in the caption he wrote: "An example of what happens when you don't wear sunscreen. Basal Cell. The mildest form of cancer but serious, nonetheless. PLEASE USE SUNSCREEN and get regular check-ups." Meanwhile, fans will get to see Hugh reprise his role of Wolverine for the final time in action film Logan next month.
Click here for more news on Hugh Jackman