Photo by: Arash Moallemi
Recipe by: Susur Lee
- 3 cups butternut squash
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- ½ cup white wine (Riesling)
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 piece grated fresh ginger (about same size as shallot)
- pinch of salt
- pinch of nutmeg
For the garnish
- 5 tbsp diced cucumber, with skin on
- 1 tsp Japanese tekka seasoning (¼ tsp/bowl)
- 4 tsp buckwheat honey
- julienned fresh ginger (3 to 4 sticks/bowl)
- Combine and simmer the squash, stock, wine, shallot, ginger, salt and nutmeg for 25 minutes.
- Purée in a blender.
- Divide purée into four bowls, then top each soup with garnish.
- Serve warm.
Jacob’s Creek wine pairing: Riesling
Don't miss a beat with HELLO! Canada's Daily Hits newsletter, your daily dose of royal and celebrity news, fashion, weddings and more. CLICK HERE to sign up for free!