Photo by: Arash Moallemi
Recipe by: Susur Lee
- 2 cups ripe mango, diced
- 3 tbsp sweet onion, finely diced and soaked in water
- ¼ tsp habanero chili, finely sliced
- 1 tsp fresh mint
- 1 stalk fresh coriander
- juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tsp brown sugar or honey
- sea salt to taste
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 shallots, diced
- 2 tsp ginger, minced
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp onion or olive oil
- 1 tsp coriander, chopped
- 6 tsp Susur’s jerk seasoning (available at restaurants Lee and Bent)
- To make mango salad, combine all ingredients. Can be made 3 to 4 hours before serving.
- For the chicken, add shallots, ginger, garlic, onion oil and coriander to a sauté pan and cook on low heat for about 10 minutes or until it bubbles.
- Add the jerk seasoning and let cool.
- Once cooled, coat the chicken breasts with the mixture and marinate for up to 6 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350° F and roast with skin side down. Flip after 10 minutes and cook skin side up for 10 more minutes or until internal temp reaches 165° F.
- Serve the chicken atop the mango salad.
Jacob’s Creek wine pairing: Shiraz
Don't miss a beat with HELLO! Canada's Daily Hits newsletter, your daily dose of royal and celebrity news, fashion, weddings and more. CLICK HERE to sign up for free!