Image: The Best of Rose Reisman/Whitecap
- 1½ cups reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- ½ cup softened reduced-fat cream cheese
- ½ cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1½ tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup miniature marshmallows
- 3 tbsp semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp finely chopped toasted pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- Combine the ricotta, cream cheese, sour cream, egg, sugar, cocoa and flour in a food processor. Purée until smooth. Divide the mixture among the prepared muffin cups.
- Set the muffin tin in a larger pan. Pour enough hot water into the pan to come halfway up the sides of the muffin cups.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 20 minutes. Remove and sprinkle the marshmallows, chocolate chips and nuts evenly over the cheesecakes. Return to the oven and bake for 5 minutes longer or until the marshmallows and chocolate chips begin to melt.
- Remove the muffin tin from the water bath and cool on a rack. Chill well before removing the paper liners and serving.
If you don’t have mini marshmallows, use scissors to cut the large ones into small pieces.
If you ever need a sweet treat without all the calories and fat, try ½ cup of mini marshmallows, which has only 100 calories and 0 grams of fat.