The Bitten star always eats this dish when back home with her mother, Kerry Sanger.
“This dish is one of several Laura always asks for when she can finally get home to Toronto,” says Kerry. “Easy to make as well!”
This Mother’s Day, try surprising your mom with the homey dish.
CHICKEN WITH VEGGIES AND TOMATO SAUCE
- 2-3 chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1-2 tins of tomato sauce
- leftover veggies, such as onion, mushrooms, carrots, zucchini, broccoli, peppers, chopped into bite-size pieces
- seasonings such as oregano, pepper and garam masala
- grated parmesan cheese
- egg noodles, cooked and drained
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly drizzle some of the tomato sauce on bottom of glass baking dish. Mix in pressed garlic cloves. Add cut up chicken pieces, and season to taste. Add cut up veggies on top of chicken. Cover with remaining tomato sauce. Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake in oven for 45 minutes.
- Serve over egg noodles or pasta. Garnish with parsley and, if desired, more grated Parmesan cheese.