Recipe courtesy Le Creuset
Serves 6 – 8
Wine Paring: Sancerre Sauvignon Blanc
- ½ pounds haricots verts
- ½ cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1½ tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1½ tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1½ ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- ¾ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- First, cook the haricots verts. Bring salted water to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Prepare a seperate bowl of water with ice.
- Trim the ends of the haricots verts. Add to the simmering water and cook until al dente. Transfer to the ice bath with a slotted spoon to stop the cooking process. Remove after a minute. Pat dry with paper towels and set aside.
- Next, prepare the dressing. In a food processor, puree cranberries until smooth. Add vinegar, shallot, mustard and sugar. Process until blended. Slowly add oil until blended. Transfer to a bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To assemble, add the goat cheese and walnuts to the haircots verts, and toss with the dressing.
Don't miss a beat with HELLO! Canada's Daily Hits newsletter, your daily dose of royal and celebrity news, fashion, weddings and more. CLICK HERE to sign up for free!