Serves 6 – 12
- 1 brioche loaf
- 1 jar (13 oz) chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1 jar (7 oz) marshmallow fluff
- 20 graham crackers
- 6 eggs
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp maple syrup
- If it isn’t pre-sliced, cut the brioche into ¼-inch slices. Spread hazelnut spread on one slice and marshmallow fluff on another. Crumble the graham crackers and put some on top of one slice, then close the slices into a sandwich. Beat the eggs in a bowl, and dip the sandwich into the egg.
- Melt the butter in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Grill the sandwich for 2 to 3 minutes on both sides, until it is a nice brown colour. Transfer the sandwich to a plate, cut it in half, and drizzle with maple syrup. Repeat until the hazelnut spread and marshmallow fluff are used up.
As seen in the hit summer movie Chef, street food has come a long way since the hotdog stand. Now you can take the best of it into your own kitchen with this book from Matt Basile, who owns a Toronto food truck, the Fidel Gastro, and stars on TV’s Rebel Without a Kitchen. More than 85 street-inspired recipes are organized into fun chapters such as “stuff in buns,” “perfectly fly for a fry guy” and “I love bacon.” – Chris Daniels
Don't miss a beat with HELLO! Canada's Daily Hits newsletter, your daily dose of royal and celebrity news, fashion, weddings and more. CLICK HERE to sign up for free!