- • 4 slices buckwheat bread, lightly toasted
- • 1 tbsp artichoke paste
- • 1 tbsp pesto
- • 1 carrot, peeled and grated then mixed with a little lemon juice
- • 2 cooked beetroot, peeled and very thinly sliced
- • 4 radishes, thinly sliced or grated
- • 1 yellow pepper, cut in half, then each half cut into 3 and grilled
- • ½ red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- • 1 tomato, sliced into thin rounds
- • small handful of watercress
- • 6 fresh basil leaves
- • fresh parsley, to taste
- • sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Spread one slice of toasted bread with the artichoke paste and the other with the pesto.
- Layer the carrot on one slice, then the beetroot, radishes, yellow pepper, red onion, tomato and the watercress on top. Finish with the herbs. Season with salt and pepper. Put the other slice of bread on top and push down.
- Cut in half. It’s a bit messy but just enjoy it!
Amelia Freer was working as a personal assistant to Prince Charles when she realized the exhaustion she was feeling wasn’t because of her job (although “busy and demanding,” she says), but how she was eating. After studying nutritional therapy for four years, she got her health back on track – and has now helped the likes of newly svelte British pop star Sam Smith do the same, with her self-help guide to nutrition Eat. Nourish. Glow., which includes a section on recipes. “Amelia has completely transformed my relationship with food,” raves Sam, who lost 14 pounds in two weeks following her advice. “It’s not even about weight loss, it’s about feeling happy in yourself.”
Don't miss a beat with HELLO! Canada's Daily Hits newsletter, your daily dose of royal and celebrity news, fashion, weddings and more. CLICK HERE to sign up for free!