Serves 2 to 3
- • 2 skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- • 250 ml coconut milk
- • 115 g coconut flour
- • ½ tsp ground cumin
- • ½ tsp tumeric powder
- • ½ tsp ground coriander
- • 75 g desiccated coconut
- • pinch of salt
- • 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- • 4 large lettuce leaves, iceberg or romaine
- • 1 avocado, peeled, stoned and cut into small cubes
- • 1 mango, peeled, stoned and cut into small cubes
- • 15 g fresh coriander, torn
- • 1 red onion, peeled and finely diced
- • 1 red chilli, finely diced
- • 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- Put the chicken cubes in a bowl with the coconut milk and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the salsa. Mix the avocado, mango, coriander, onion and chilli in a bowl and pour over the coconut aminos and refrigerate. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Put the flour and spices in a bowl and put the desiccated coconut on a plate. Take a chicken cube, roll it in the spiced flour, then roll it in the desiccated coconut until it is coated, then put it on a baking tray. Repeat with the remaining chicken cubes.
- Pour the melted coconut oil over the chicken and bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through, golden brown and crispy.
- To serve, put a spoonful of the salsa into each lettuce leaf, add a few chicken nuggets, fold in the sides of the lettuce to enclose it, and eat like a sandwich.
Amelia Freer was working as a personal assistant to Prince Charles when she realized the exhaustion she was feeling wasn’t because of her job (although “busy and demanding,” she says), but how she was eating. After studying nutritional therapy for four years, she got her health back on track – and has now helped the likes of newly svelte British pop star Sam Smith do the same, with her self-help guide to nutrition Eat. Nourish. Glow., which includes a section on recipes. “Amelia has completely transformed my relationship with food,” raves Sam, who lost 14 pounds in two weeks following her advice. “It’s not even about weight loss, it’s about feeling happy in yourself.”
HELLO! Canada magazine is available for your tablet and smartphone. Get HELLO! Canada, PEOPLE, Vanity Fair and over 100 more of the world’s best magazines for one low monthly price at Texture by Next Issue. CLICK HERE to sign up for a free trial.