- • 2 (100 g) bars Green & Blacks ginger chocolate
- • 350 ml double cream
- • 1 tbsp Greek yogurt
- • 400 g mascarpone cheese
- • Brownies or chocolate muffins, broken into bite-sized chunks
- • 1 to 2 tbsp ginger wine
- • 250 g fresh blackberries
- • 50 g good-quality dark chocolate (80% cocoa solids)
- • 50 g toasted flaked almonds
- Melt the ginger chocolate in a heatproof bowl placed over a saucepan of boiling water (make sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water), then set aside to cool slightly.
- Whip the cream into soft peaks, then fold in the yogurt.
- Beat the mascarpone into the cooled melted chocolate.
- Arrange half the brownies in the bottom of a pretty bowl or glass jug. Sprinkle with a little of the ginger wine, then layer half the blackberries, half the chocolate mixture and half the cream on top.
- Repeat these layers and use the back of a spoon to “peak up” the top layer of cream.
- Grate the dark chocolate over the surface and sprinkle with the almonds. Keep chilled until serving.
She is married to one of Britain’s most famous chefs, Bake Off judge Paul Hollywood, but now her own star is on the rise. Alex Hollywood’s recipe posts have won her a large fan following on Twitter, and she’ll gain even more devotees with her beautiful first cookbook, My Busy Kitchen. The recipes are easy to follow, but the results are anything but boring as Alex integrates a few twists to keep things fresh and unique. — Chris Daniels
HELLO! Canada magazine is available for your tablet and smartphone. Get HELLO! Canada, PEOPLE, Vanity Fair and over 100 more of the world’s best magazines for one low monthly price at Texture by Next Issue. CLICK HERE to sign up for a free trial.