- 600 g mixed cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp finely chopped preserved lemon rind
- ½ clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- ¼ cup shredded mint
- ¼ cup baby basil leaves
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 4 large slices sourdough bread, toasted Whipped feta
- 175 g soft feta
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, extra
- Cut a slit in the side of each tomato and squeeze to release the juice and seeds. Place the tomatoes, preserved lemon, garlic, lemon juice, sugar and oil in a glass or ceramic bowl and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes to marinate.
- To make the whipped feta, place the cheese in a small food processor and process until smooth. Add the cream, lemon rind and juice and process until thick and just combined. Set aside.
- Add the mint, basil, salt and pepper to the tomatoes and stir to combine. Divide the sourdough among the plates and spoon over the tomato mixture. Serve with the whipped feta and drizzle with oil.
With chapters like “Weeknights” and “Weekends,”Australian cook Donna Hay says her 23rd cookbook, The New Easy, is organized by how the busy mom of two boys likes to cook -- “with quick solutions for busy weeknights and special dishes for weekends when you have more time up your sleeve.” Beautifully photographed, the book includes a helpful section called “re-style” so that if you’ve mastered a particular recipe such as the sage and garlic chicken, you can learn how to transform it into a quick pasta or a delicious salad bowl for lunch. We also love the stickers at the back for marking your favourite recipes; we’ve tagged dozens. – Chris Daniels
Don't miss a beat with HELLO! Canada's Daily Hits newsletter, your daily dose of royal and celebrity news, fashion, weddings and more. CLICK HERE to sign up for free!