- • 1 onion, chopped
- • ½ cup green onions, chopped
- • 2 tbsp olive oil
- • 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- • 1 medium jalapeno pepper, chopped (depending on how much heat you like)
- • 3 cups shredded chicken
- • 2 cups black beans, cooked
- • 2 cups chopped tomato
- • 6½ cups gluten-free chicken stock
- • 2 limes, juiced
- • 1 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- • salt and pepper, to taste
- • 2 cups shredded corn tortillas or corn chips
- • 1 cup sour cream
- • 1 to 2 avocados, diced
- In a large soup pot, sauté the onions and green onions in the olive oil until soft.
- Add the garlic and jalapeno and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken and coat well with the onion mixture..
- Add the beans, tomato, stock, lime juice, and half the coriander, and bring to a boil. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Reduce to simmer and cook for about 30 minutes, until the soup has started to thicken. Then add the rest of the coriander and season again.
- Serve in individual bowls with a bed of crumbled corn tortillas or corn chips, a dollop of sour cream and diced avocado. Add a sprinkling of coriander and let your guests to mix up all the fresh goodness.
Mary Jo Eustace, 53, titled her new cookbook Scared Wheatless because she didn’t adopt gluten-free cooking until she was diagnosed with cellulitis and her daughter, Lola, 10, with an autoimmune disorder. The health scare was a wake-up call for the former TV host, who also has a son, Jack, 17, with ex-husband Dean McDermott. Mary Jo is thrilled to report they’re now both doing well – and loving the dishes, too! – Chris Daniels
Don't miss a beat with HELLO! Canada's Daily Hits newsletter, your daily dose of royal and celebrity news, fashion, weddings and more. CLICK HERE to sign up for free!