- • salt
- • 4 oz pancetta or bacon, cut into small dice
- • 2 egg yolks (or 3, to make it extra creamy)
- • 1 large egg
- • 1½ cups finely grated Parmesan cheese, plus more as needed
- • 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper, plus more
- Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil over high heat for the pasta.
- In an 8-inch sauté pan, cook the pancetta over medium heat until crispy, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Combine the egg yolks, egg, Parmesan and pepper in a large bowl.
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions until al dente. Reserve 1 cup of the hot pasta cooking water (the temperature is important because you are going to use it to cook the egg) and set aside. Next, drain the pasta, and add it to the bowl with the cheese and eggs, tossing immediately to mix everything together.
- Add the pancetta and any rendered fat from the pan to the bowl, toss to coat, and add the pasta water 1 tbsp at a time until the sauce reaches a creamy consistency (this usually takes about ¼ cup).
- Adjust with extra cheese, pepper and salt to taste.
In It’s All Easy, mother of two Gwyneth Paltrow says her house is a hub of activity. “While it can be a little hectic at times I absolutely love the energy and life of having old friends visiting and kids running around,” she says. To make meal time go more smoothly, she relies on quick solutions that are big on taste but have little-to-no sugar, fat or gluten. She’s assembled them all in her third cookbook, including on-thego options for work, school and soccer practice. — Chris Daniels
Don't miss a beat with HELLO! Canada's Daily Hits newsletter, your daily dose of royal and celebrity news, fashion, weddings and more. CLICK HERE to sign up for free!