- • 6 soft mini corn tortillas
- • 2 lbs black cod
- • 1 tsp each of chili powder, paprika, onion powder, sea salt, garlic powder, ground cumin, dry oregano, black pepper and cayenne pepper
- • ¼ cup olive oil
- • 1 tbsp olive oil, for pan frying
- Mix spices, oil and garlic in a bowl. Rub and coat cod with it.
- Sear cod 3 to 4 minutes on both sides, in a heavy-bottomed pan on medium heat.
- Divide cod into the 6 tortillas. Top with jalapeños and vegetable slaw. Serve with two slices of lime.
- • 3 lbs firm jalapeño peppers, sliced into ¹⁄8 to ¼ inch rounds and stems removed
- • 2 cups champagne vinegar
- • 6 cups cane sugar
- • ½ tsp turmeric
- • ½ tsp celery seed
- • 3 tsp granulated garlic
- • 1 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- In a large pot, bring cider vinegar, white sugar, turmeric, celery seed, garlic and cayenne pepper to a boil, then simmer for 5 minutes. Add the pepper slices and simmer for exactly 4 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the peppers into canning jars to within ¼ inch of the jar’s upper rim. Boil the syrup for 6 minutes.
- Use a ladle to pour the boiling syrup into the jars over the jalapeño slices. Insert a chopstick to the jar bottom a few times to release air pockets. Fix on two-piece lids.
- Place jars in a canner, cover with water by 2 inches. Bring the water to a quick boil, then set the timer for 10 minutes for half-pints and 15 minutes for pints. When done, cool the jars for 24 hours.
- • 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- • 1 tbsp chopped tarragon
- • 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- • ½ tsp cane sugar
- • ¼ shaved green cabbage
- • ¼ shaved red cabbage
- • ½ shaved red onion
- • 1 carrot, peeled and julienned
- • ½ bulb shaved fennel
- • 2 tbsp olive oil
- • 1 tsp sesame oil
- • 1 tbsp black sesame seeds
- • salt and pepper
Mix all ingredients together and season with salt and pepper.
Don't miss a beat with HELLO! Canada's Daily Hits newsletter, your daily dose of royal and celebrity news, fashion, weddings and more. CLICK HERE to sign up for free!