- • 3 kg smoked bone-in cooked ham
- • 3 ½ cups pineapple juice
- • ½ cup packed brown sugar
- • ⅓ cup thinly sliced ginger
- • ¼ cup sodium-reduced soy sauce
- • 3 tbsp unsalted butter, cubed
- • 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Position rack in lower third of oven. Preheat to 325° F. Slice off and discard any ham rind and netting, if needed. Place ham, fat-side up, in a 9 × 13-in. baking dish. Using a sharp knife, score top and sides of ham in a diamond pattern, about ¼ in. deep. Cover with foil and seal to pan edges. Bake 15 min per 500 g, about 1 ½ to 2 hours.
- Combine pineapple juice, sugar, ginger and soy in a medium saucepan. Boil over medium-high, stirring occasionally, until syrupy and reduced to 1 cup, 30 to 35 min. Discard ginger. Remove from heat and whisk in butter and Dijon.
- Remove foil and brush ham with a quarter of the glaze. Continue baking, brushing with glaze every 15 min, until a digital thermo-meter inserted into thickest part of ham registers 140° F, about 45 min. Let stand 10 min before slicing. Serve with remaining glaze.
Chatelaine spreads festive cheer with this flavourful feast. Also in the December issue: show-stopping cookies and treats, all with the triple-tested seal.
Don't miss a beat with HELLO! Canada's Daily Hits newsletter, your daily dose of royal and celebrity news, fashion, weddings and more. CLICK HERE to sign up for free!