- • 2 cups (360g) coarsely grated zucchini (courgette) (about 3 zucchinis)
- • 500g chicken mince
- • 2 cups (340g) cooked red quinoa
- • 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- • 2 tablespoons store-bought quince paste
- • 1/4 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- • 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- • sea salt and cracked black pepper
- • 150g feta, crumbled
- • 1/4 cup (20g) finely grated parmesan
- • extra virgin olive oil, for brushing
- • store-bought kale or basil pesto and basil leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Place the zucchini, chicken, quinoa, garlic, quince paste, parsley, lemon rind, salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix well to combine.
- Add the feta and parmesan and mix until just combined.
- Roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls and place on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper
- Brush with oil and bake, turning halfway, for 20 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Serve meatballs with pesto and basil.
With stunning photographs of her dishes, Donna Hay has captured the eyes (and appetites!) of fans worldwide — including Hollywood star Cameron Diaz, who calls the Australian culinary star her "food inspiration." Donna’s latest tome, Life in Balance, inspires with recipes enriched by power proteins, good grains and seeds and nuts. It also/ includes useful glossary of ingredients, from flours to vinegars. – CHRIS DANIELS
Don't miss a beat with HELLO! Canada's Daily Hits newsletter, your daily dose of royal and celebrity news, fashion, weddings and more. CLICK HERE to sign up for free!