"Bite Me" sisters Julie and Lisa share their take on the perfect winter salad.
MAPLE BALSAMIC SALAD WITH BACON ROASTED PECANS
Bacon Roasted Pecans
- • 6 slices bacon
- • 1½ cups pecan halves
- • 1 tbsp bacon grease
- • 1 tbsp maple syrup
- • ¼ tsp kosher salt
- • 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
Maple Balsamic Dressing
- • ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- • ¼ cup maple syrup
- • 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- • ½ tsp brown sugar
- • ½ cup olive oil
- • Kosher salt, to taste
- • 8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- • 6 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- • ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- • 1 large pear, chopped
- • 1 large apple, chopped
- • 1½ cups bacon roasted pecans
- For the bacon roasted pecans, preheat oven to 375º F. Using a large skillet, cook bacon and reserve 1 tablespoon of grease. Remove bacon and set aside. In a medium bowl, toss pecans with bacon grease, maple syrup, salt and cinnamon. Place on a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, stirring once halfway through. Remove from oven and let cool.
- For the balsamic dressing, in a small bowl, whisk balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, Dijon mustard and brown sugar. Gradually whisk in olive oil. Add salt to taste.
- To assemble the salad, in a large serving bowl, combine lettuce, bacon, pomegranate seeds, pear, apple and pecans. Toss with maple balsamic dressing just before serving.
HELLO! Canada magazine is available for your tablet and smartphone. Get HELLO! Canada, PEOPLE, Vanity Fair and over 100 more of the world’s best magazines for one low monthly price at Texture by Next Issue. CLICK HERE to sign up for a free trial.