"Bite Me" sisters Julie and Lisa share their take on the perfect winter salad.
MAPLE BALSAMIC SALAD WITH BACON ROASTED PECANS
Bacon Roasted Pecans
- • 6 slices bacon
- • 1½ cups pecan halves
- • 1 tbsp bacon grease
- • 1 tbsp maple syrup
- • ¼ tsp kosher salt
- • 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
Maple Balsamic Dressing
- • ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- • ¼ cup maple syrup
- • 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- • ½ tsp brown sugar
- • ½ cup olive oil
- • Kosher salt, to taste
- • 8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- • 6 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- • ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- • 1 large pear, chopped
- • 1 large apple, chopped
- • 1½ cups bacon roasted pecans
- For the bacon roasted pecans, preheat oven to 375º F. Using a large skillet, cook bacon and reserve 1 tablespoon of grease. Remove bacon and set aside. In a medium bowl, toss pecans with bacon grease, maple syrup, salt and cinnamon. Place on a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, stirring once halfway through. Remove from oven and let cool.
- For the balsamic dressing, in a small bowl, whisk balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, Dijon mustard and brown sugar. Gradually whisk in olive oil. Add salt to taste.
- To assemble the salad, in a large serving bowl, combine lettuce, bacon, pomegranate seeds, pear, apple and pecans. Toss with maple balsamic dressing just before serving.
Don't miss a beat with HELLO! Canada's Daily Hits newsletter, your daily dose of royal and celebrity news, fashion, weddings and more. CLICK HERE to sign up for free!