- • 8 medium zucchinis (courgettes) (1kg), sliced into 4mm ribbons
- • extra virgin olive oil, for brushing, plus 2 tablespoons extra
- • sea salt and cracked black pepper
- • 1 small onion, chopped
- • 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- • 2 tablespoons chopped oregano
- • 1 bunch kale (500g), trimmed and blanched
- • 1 bunch English spinach (375g), trimmed and blanched
- • 2 1/4 cups (540g) fresh ricotta
- • 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- • 1 cup flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- • 3/4 cup (75g) grated mozzarella
- • 3/4 cup (60g) finely grated parmesan
- • baby (micro) salad mix (optional), to serve
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F). Place the zucchini in a single layer on baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper. Brush both sides of the ribbons with oil and sprinkle with salt. Roast for 12–14 minutes or until golden.
- Heat the extra oil in a medium non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and oregano and cook for 4–5 minutes or until softened. Allow to cool slightly. Place the kale and spinach in paper towel or a clean tea towel and squeeze to remove any excess liquid. Roughly chop, add to the onion mixture and stir to combine. Place the ricotta, lemon rind, parsley, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Line the base of a lightly greased 2.25-litre-capacity baking dish with one-third of the roasted zucchini. Top with half the ricotta mixture and half the kale mixture. Sprinkle with one-third of the mozzarella and parmesan. Top with half the remaining zucchini, and the remaining ricotta and kale mixtures. Sprinkle with half the remaining mozzarella and parmesan. Top with the remaining zucchini and sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella and parmesan. Bake for 10–15 minutes or until crisp and golden. Slice and serve with the baby salad mix.
With stunning photographs of her dishes, Donna Hay has captured the eyes (and appetites!) of fans worldwide -- including Hollywood star Cameron Diaz, who calls the Australian culinary star her "food inspiration." Donna’s latest tome, Life in Balance, inspires with recipes enriched by power proteins, good grains and seeds and nuts. It also/ includes useful glossary of ingredients, from flours to vinegars. – CHRIS DANIELS
Don't miss a beat with HELLO! Canada's Daily Hits newsletter, your daily dose of royal and celebrity news, fashion, weddings and more. CLICK HERE to sign up for free!