Love Sophie Kinsella's playful Shopaholic books? So do we - ever since heroine Becky Bloomwood's original turn as a finance columnist way back in Confessions of a Shopaholic! Now, we want you to get your hands on a copy of Sophie's latest installment, Shopaholic to the Stars. We're giving away two signed copies and here's how you can enter for your chance to win.
Follow us on Twitter at @HelloCanada and answer this question: "Which celebrity do you think has the best style?". Tweet us your answer with the hashtag #helloshopaholic and you'll be automatically entered. It's that simple. The contest will run on November 6th, 2014 from 9:00am to 9:00pm EST. Don't miss your chance to win a copy!
And don't miss our interview with Sophie in the new issue of Hello! Canada!
CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS:
1. Entry Period & Contest Sponsors.
(a) The Contest is brought to you by the following entities (collectively or individually, the “Contest Sponsors”): Hello! Canada, part of Rogers Publishing Ltd.(“Rogers”).
(b) The contest entry period (the “Entry Period”) starts at Thursday, November 6th at 9:00am and continues until Thursday, November 6th at 9:00pm.All times are EST time.
2. How to Enter.
(a) No purchase necessary.
(b) To enter the Contest, go to Twitter.com/hellocanada during the Entry Period, follow us on Twitter and tweet at @HelloCanada with your appropriate response to the question “Who do you think has the best celebrity style?” All tweets must have the hashtag #helloshopaholic included to qualify.
(c) ENTRY LIMIT: Only one (1) entry/tweet per person.
(d) Any attempt or suspected attempt to enter the Contest in a fashion not authorized by these rules shall be deemed to be tampering and will void all of your entries.Entries that are late, lost, stolen, false, illegible, damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of these Contest rules will be void.Only entries received by Rogers will be considered.Proof of entry transmission shall not constitute proof of receipt.The sole determinant of time for valid entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).Rogers reserves the right to refuse any entry in its absolute discretion.
(e)Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
(f) If entry to this Contest is by means of a third party service or site (a “Third Party Service”), such as a social media or social networking site, entrants must have a valid account with the applicable Third Party Service and may be required to have a public (i.e. non-private) account in order to participate.By creating an account with a Third Party Service, you agree to comply with the Third Party Service’s terms and policies.This Contest is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by any Third Party Service.In particular, all entrants acknowledge that this Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Inc. (“Facebook”), and that any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest should be directed to the Contest Sponsors and not to Facebook.By participating in this Contest, you completely release Facebook of all liability in relation to any injury, damage or loss that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from your participation.
(a) The Contest is open to residents of Canada who are over the age of majority in their province or territory of residence, excluding residents of Quebec.
(b) Employees, officers and directors of any Contest Sponsor, its affiliates or representatives, any Contest suppliers and judges, and those with whom the foregoing individuals reside are not eligible to participate in this Contest.
(c) The Contest Sponsors shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to enter the Contest.Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied for the purpose of the Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. The Contest Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
4. Prize DESCRIPTION.
(a) Entrants are eligible to win one (1) of two (2) prizes, each consisting of one (1) signed by author copy of Shopaholic to the Stars by Sophie Kinsella, valued at approximately $32 CDN each.
(b) No financial compensation will be made or required if actual prize value is lower than the total value quoted in these rules.Prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be transferred or exchanged absent the consent of the Contest Sponsors, which consent may be withheld in their absolute discretion.Prizing may not be exactly as advertised.The Contest Sponsors reserve the right, in their absolute discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event of the unavailability, for whatever the reason, of any advertised prize in whole or in part.
(c) Except as expressly warranted herein, any Contest prize is provided “as is” without further warranty of any kind.
(a) A random draw from all eligible entries received will be made by a representative of the Contest Sponsors on Friday, November 7th at approximately 11:00am at One Mount Pleasant Road, Toronto, ON.Two (2) entrants will be selected as potential Contest winners.A selected entrant will be contacted by email / direct Twitter message at the email address / Twitter handle indicated on the selected entrant’s entry.A selected entrant will be disqualified and required to forfeit any claim to the Contest prize if he or she cannot be reached within three (3) business days following the first attempt of contact or if the terms set forth in these Contest rules are not adhered to.
(b) Decisions and rulings of the Contest Sponsors and/or their representatives are final and binding without appeal in all matters related to this Contest and the awarding of a prize.
(c) To be declared a winner, a selected entrant must correctly answer without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question; be in full compliance with these Contest rules; and, in the discretion of the Contest Sponsors, sign and return a release of liability and consent to publicity form (the “Release Form”) and any other documentation as may reasonably be required by the Contest Sponsors in their absolute discretion.
(d) A selected entrant may be required to provide proof of identification to the Contest Sponsors when claiming a prize or otherwise in connection with this Contest to facilitate the Contest Sponsors’ accurate identification of a Contest winner.
(e) If a selected entrant does not fulfill the conditions set out in these rules, or declines or forfeits a Contest prize, the Contest Sponsors reserve the right, in their absolute discretion, to cancel the Contest prize, to select another entrant from the remaining eligible entries pursuant to the process described in this section, above, or to donate the Contest prize to a charity of their choosing.
6. Release of liability / Consent to Publicity.
By accepting a Contest prize, the winner: confirms compliance with these Contest rules; acknowledges that the prize is not transferable (except as provided for herein and only at the Contest Sponsors’ absolute discretion) and must be accepted as awarded or otherwise except where stated; consents to the use of his/her name, city of residence, entry, voice, statements, photographs and/or other likenesses for publicity, advertising or informational purposes in any medium or format carried out by the Contest Sponsors and/or their advertising agencies regarding the Contest or the prize, without further notice or compensation; and releases each of the Contest Sponsors, their affiliates, advertising and promotional agencies, the suppliers of materials or services related to the Contest, and all of their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees and agents (collectively the “Releasees”) from and against all liability in connection with the Contest and/or the awarding and/or use of any Contest prize.
7.Limitation of Liability
The Releasees do not assume any responsibility and each entrant releases the Releasees from any and all claims, actions, damages, demands and liabilities of whatever nature or kind arising out of or in connection with the entrant's participation or attempted participation in the Contest and any Contest prize, including, without limitation the administration of the Contest, the selection and confirmation of any Contest winners, and the arranging, awarding and use of any Contest prize.
- (a) Laws and Rules.This Contest will be run in accordance with these Contest rules, which shall be subject to amendment by Rogers without notice or liability to you.Entrants must comply with these Contest rules and will be deemed to have received and understood these rules by participating in this Contest.The terms of this Contest, as set out in these rules, are not subject to amendment or counter-offer, except as set out herein. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.These rules are governed exclusively by the laws of the province in which you reside, and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of such province. Rights and remedies may vary by province.
- (b) Cancel and Amend. Rogers reserves the right to cancel, modify, or suspend this Contest or to amend the Contest rules at any time and in any way, without prior notice, for any reason whatsoever.Without limiting the foregoing, if for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, for example as a result of tampering or infection by computer virus, bug, corruption, security breach, or other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Contest Sponsors, Rogers reserves the right to cancel or suspend the Contest and/or conduct a random draw from all previously received eligible entries.
- (c) Conduct.The Contest Sponsors reserve the right, in their absolute discretion, to disqualify without notice any entrant that they find to be: violating the Contest rules; tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or any Contest website; acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; or attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest.Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest may be a violation of criminal and/or civil laws.Should any such attempt be made, the Contest Sponsors reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution, and Rogers reserves the right to ban or disqualify an entrant from this Contest and any future contests.
- (d) Identity of Online Entrant. If a dispute arises regarding the identity of any online entrant, the online entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address provided at the time of entry, provided the name of the authorized account holder corresponds with the full name on the entry form.The individual assigned to the email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address is considered the authorized account holder.A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the selected entry.All online entries must be submitted from a valid email account.If the name of the authorized account holder does not accord with the full name on the entry form, the entry may be disqualified at the Contest Sponsors’ absolute discretion.