Janelle Monáe pushes the boundaries of her signature black, white and red colour palette. Rather than showcase the hues in her usual tuxedo tailoring and menswear-inspired looks, while out in New York City the six-time Grammy-nominated singer opted for a feminine silhouette, pairing a RVN striped skirt and simple black crop top with DSquared2 lace-up sandals. Her floral topper, glittering jewelry and striped box clutch complete the look.
How to get the look:
- Windsmoor black print jersey jacket, $159, Hudson’s Bay, thebay.com
- Black crop top, $36, zara.com
- ABS Tuxedo crystal bangle set, $75, maxandchloe.com
- Coach printed patchwork leather clutch, $350, Hudson’s Bay, coach.com
- Vince Camuto Remmie sandals, $175, vincecamuto.com
- RVN circular Jacq skirt in black and white, $198, available May 15, rvnnyc.com