A staple for tastemakers like Olivia Wilde, Jessica Alba, Olivia Palermo and Jennifer Lawrence, the shirt-dress works for any style type and is warm-weather friendly, making it summer’s easiest must-have. This menswear-inspired shift is best worn loosely (paired with sandals or flats) for a simple, dressed-down look. Take your shirt-dress from day to night by adding a statement heel and a waist-cinching belt.
How to get the look:
- Current Elliot sleeveless shirt-dress in bleached dobby plaid,$278, currentelliot.com
- Wilfred Free Strokous dress in Buenos Aries, $98, aritzia.com
- Zara long denim shirt, $80, zara.com
- DVF Tenner dress, $400, dvf.com
- Equipment Slim Signature washed-silk minidress, 260, net-a-porter.com