Not even Jennifer Lopez’s daring décolletage could distract from her best red-carpet accessory at the Golden Globes – a handsome younger man on her arm. Mere moments after the “Booty” singer made her appearance on the red carpet, Twitter was abuzz over the actress’s hunky date, 27-year-old Ryan Guzman.
If you weren’t previously familiar with the former male model, you’re about to hear a lot more about him in the upcoming months. The attractive pair star together in the film The Boy Next Door, a psychological thriller about a high school teacher (Jennifer) who has a romantic encounter with a mysterious younger neighbour (Ryan).
But are the good-looking twosome more than just co-stars? It wouldn't be the first time that Jennifer, 45, dated a younger man. After filing for divorce from Marc Anthony, the gorgeous star had a two-and-a-half-year relationship with former back-up dancer Casper Smart, 27. The pair called it quits in June.
As it turns out, however, Jennifer and Ryan are just friends, even though they are both currently unattached. The up-and-coming actor recently split from his model girlfriend, Melanie Iglesias, while Jennifer insists that she’s “single right now,” telling Us Weekly, “I think being on my own has been really great for me.”
Want to know more about Ryan? Check out these 10 fun facts below!
- His father is Mexican and his mother’s ancestry includes English, Scottish, German and Swedish.
- He has an artistic side. In his free time, he says he likes to do “anything creative," telling People, "I like expressing myself through art … [I draw] whatever comes to mind."
- The next Channing Tatum? Ryan got his big break playing Sean Avas opposite Kathryn McCormic in Step Up Revolution, also known as Step Up 4. Channing famously kick-started his career when he starred in the original Step Up alongside his now-wife, Jena Dewan-Tatum.
- His favourite actors are Christian Bale, Tom Hardy and Russell Crowe. "They've all played really in-depth characters in gritty, more action-packed movies," he explained to The Huffington Post.
He practices MMA training and has a black belt in Tae Kwon Doe.
Photo: J Squared
- His dream girl? “Someone that’s their own person and someone who’s not trying to flirt too much or thinks they’re too hot,” he says. "A great sense of humour" is also key.
- When it comes to his own career, he too sees himself as an action star. “Let me shoot some people, and let me show off my martial arts off a little bit!” he says.
- He’s generous, especially with his family, who he calls the most important people in his life. “I actually bought my bro a car and the look on his face was the best present,” he revealed in a Twitter chat. Lucky brother!
- Though he loves to cook and tries to eat healthy, Ryan definitely has a sweet tooth. Other than pancakes – which are far superior to waffles, according to Ryan – he likes to indulge on pizza and candy. “I love the grocery store dinosaur snacks aaaaand LOVE snickers!!!”” he enthused on Twitter.
- He had his first kiss at age 12. “Literally, I kissed a girl and like a week later, she broke up with me. I was like, ‘Oh my God, was it that bad?!’ he tells People.
HELLO! Canada magazine is available for your tablet and smartphone. Get HELLO! Canada, PEOPLE, Vanity Fair and over 100 more of the world’s best magazines for one low monthly price at Next Issue. CLICK HERE to sign up for a free trial.