Reports are swirling that Shia LaBoeuf and girlfriend Mia Goth may be engaged after she was spotted sporting a classic-looking diamond on her ring finger. The 21-year-old model and her 28-year-old actor beau have been dating for about two years, having met on the set of the controversial Lars von Trier film Nymphomaniac. She arrived at LAX on Monday, wearing a relaxed ensemble and no makeup, and made no attempt to hide her dazzling bauble.
The notoriously private twosome are rarely spotted out in public together and, while we know quite a bit about the Transformers star, a lot less is known of his beloved. So we've rounded up 10 fun facts about the London-born actress and model.
1. Mia is half Canadian and half Brazilian, but grew up mostly in London. Her father lives in Nova Scotia, which is where she prepared for the role of P in Nymphomaniac, telling i-D, "Canada was this canvas. I'd sit by this lovely bit of water my Dad has, and that's where I got to understand P."
2. The actress first got her start in 2013 on the British TV series The Tunnel, playing Sophie Campbell. The show followed two detectives investigating a death whose victim's were found straddling the border between France and the UK. (The series inspired the FX series The Bridge.)
3. The 21-year-old can next be seen in the film Everest, alongside Robin Wright, Keira Knightley and Jake Gyllenhaal. The movie focuses on a climbing expedition in the Himalaya mountains gone wrong.
4. Design house Miu Miu cast the emerging actress in its 2015 ad campaign, which debuted in February. In the shots, Mia can be seen posing alongside the company's wares in relaxed warehouse spaces.
5. Vogue profiled the up-and-comer in its January 2015 issue. In it, the actress is quoted as saying, "Sometimes people view me as this cute little baby, but I know there is more."
6. In an article with i-D magazine, the famous face opened up about her childhood. “I didn’t have a typical upbringing. I had a very full childhood. It means I feel a lot. I see myself as a professional feeler. My first memories are of Brazil. There’s so much music there. It’s one of my favorite places in the world.”
7. She's adventurous! She's been quoted as saying she likes being a straight shooter and is open to trying just about anything. She relishes having a "have-a-go mentality" to life.
8. The wide-eyed beauty has been a regular at fashion weeks across the globe - including Paris, Mia has been dressed by the likes of Louis Vuitton.
9. When it comes to acting roles, Mia has said she seeks out meaty and dramatic opportunities, like the role of P in Nymphomaniac. She told Vogue, "The darker the better. The uglier the better. Those are the roles I'm all for – they're the most fun to play."
10. Mia has lofty goals for her career, telling i-D magazine: “I want to be a woman who has a little more figured out, who doesn’t have so many doubts. And then I would like to have a whole list of directors I have worked with – Woody Allen, Paul Thomas Anderson. I just want to act. And I want to be good. And I want to be happy, and I think that’s it.”
Sarah Kelsey is a gal in the know who regularly appears on television and writes for a variety of outlets. Check out her work at sarahkelsey.ca, on Twitter @sarahkelsey, Instagram @sakelsey and Pinterest @sakelsey.