Introducing your next Bachelorette: JoJo Fletcher! The 25-year-old didn’t get her happy ending with Bachelor Ben Higgins, but the brunette beauty will get another chance at finding love in the new season of The Bachelorette (May 23). Here, we round up 10 things you need to know about the single star.
Here are 10 things to know about the reality show's latest star:
1. JoJo hails from Dallas, Texas.
2. While her next gig involves men vying for her heart, she does have a job. Back home in Dallas, the hopeful romantic is a real estate developer.
3. The Bachelorette’s cultural background is important to her, as her mother is Persian. “I’m proud of my mother’s background despite what social opinions are,” she said. “It’s important for me to stand up to people stereotyping Iranians.”
4. It's no surprise that the Texas native’s favorite type of music is country. Plus “Ed Sheeran-type music and some popish Indie, like LANY,” she revealed.
5. She has a funny bone. In her Bachelor biography, JoJo admitted that her all-time favorite movies are Wedding Crashers, Clueless and Patch Adams .
6. The Bachelorette is no Wolfgang Puck. JoJo confessed that she is an “average” cook. However she added, “I can kill a quesadilla though.”
7. If she could be someone else for a day it would be Taylor Swift. Her reasoning? “Because [Taylor’s] awesome and I’ve already thought singing country music professionally would be so much fun,” JoJo revealed. “Plus, she has cool friends.”
8. The Bachelorette’s leading lady has a unique, special talent. She admitted, “I can make a 3-leaf clover with my tongue.”
9. JoJo is not an avid reader. She confessed, “To be honest I don’t read a ton of books. I more read articles.” Though the ABC star added, “But the types of books I do like are self-help & empowering ones.”
10. Reality TV roots run deep in her family. JoJo’s half-brother Ben Patton also looked for love on national television as star of NBC’s Ready for Love back in 2013.