Now royal and celebrity hairstylist Richard Ward has shared his top tips for recreating the look at home, exclusively with HELLO!.
"This look is slightly bigger and bouncier, but actually very similar to the blow dries the Duchess wore a few years ago and is well known for!" Richard said of Kate's hair. "It shows off the beautiful colour and condition of her hair, and could have been achieved using a heated tong or heated rollers and then clipped up for a longer lasting curl.
"This kind of polished, glossy look – whether on short, medium or long hair - will always be on trend, as many women love that very groomed, healthy look; it's the perfect style for events and awards season."
Get the look:
This look is all about bounce, shine, and lots of volume and movement through the ends. Products are important, but having hair that's in good condition is essential for it to look fabulous.
- Apply a golf-ball size amount of volumising mousse to damp hair and brush through for even distribution.
- Rough dry hair in a controlled way, lifting and heating roots with your fingers – don't shake the hairdryer about.
- Use a medium-size round brush to blow dry hair smooth, then section it and roll up into large heated rollers.
- Allow hair to cool for about 15 minutes and then remove rollers, raking through with fingers to break the curls up.
- To finish, mist a lightweight hairspray over the hair for invisible, flexible hold.