1. The Beauty Tip Contest (the “Contest”) is administrated and managed by Rogers Publishing Limited (“Rogers”), publisher of Hello! Canada magazine (hereinafter called “ Hello! Canada”).
2. Contest starts at 12:00 pm EST on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 and continues until 11:59 pm EST on Sunday, January 26, 2014 (the "Contest Closing Date"). All times are Eastern. No purchase necessary. Only one (1) Twitter® entry per person and one vote per day on Facebook®(2 nd part of contest). This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter or Facebook. You are providing your information to the Sponsor and to the Administrator of this Contest and not to Twitter or Facebook. Twitter and Facebook are completely released of all liability from each entrant in this contest. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to Sponsor and to the Administrator of this Contest and not to Twitter or Facebook.
3. To enter, first go to www.twitter.com or, if you don’t have a Twitter account, follow the prompts to sign up for an account. If you are not yet a fan of Hello! Canada, search @HelloCanada or “Hello! Canada” for the Hello! Canada page and click the “Follow” button. Then, send us a tweet using the handle @HelloCanada and the hashtag #beautytip and include your best beauty tip. On Thursday, January 23, 2014 at 2 pm EST contest administrators will select the five top beauty tips. Once this is done, go to Facebook.com/Hellocanadamagazine and click on the contest application (it says “WIN” below our cover image) or the link in the post about the contest. Click the Like button if you don’t already follow Hello! Canada on Facebook and complete the contest entry form, which includes an area for you to type VOTE next to your favourite beauty tip. If you already Like Hello! Canada on Facebook, simply complete the contest entry form.
4. (a) A representative of Hello! Canada will tally the votes for the beauty tips from all eligible entries received at approximately 1:00 pm on Monday, January 27, 2014 at Hello! Canada office at One Mount Pleasant, Toronto, Ontario. The selected entrant will be contacted by Twitter or email. (b) If a selected entrant cannot be reached within three (5) days following the draw, incorrectly answers the mathematical skill-testing question, declines the prize, or fails to return a release of liability as specified below, another eligible entrant will be selected.
5. (a) Participants are eligible to win one (1) Grand prize:
Grand Prize: 1 L’Oreal gift pack worth $200
(b) Prizes must be accepted as awarded and may not be transferred or exchanged. Hello! Canada reserves the right to substitute a prize of at least equal value in the event of the unavailability, for whatever reason, of the advertised prize.
6. To be declared a winner, selected entrant must first correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question and may also need to return a signed release of liability and acknowledgment form. Contest judges' rulings are final and without appeal in all matters related to the promotion and the awarding of prizes.
7. By entering this contest, entrants consent to the use of their video entry, image, name, city of residence and/or any photograph of or that may be taken in publicity carried out by Hello! Canada and/or their advertising agencies, without further notice or compensation.
8. This contest is open to residents of Canada who are over the age of majority in their province or territory of residence and excluding employees of Hello! Canada , their parent and affiliated companies, representatives, dealers and agents, contest suppliers and judges, and those with whom they are domiciled. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
9. No communications will be entered into except with selected entrants. Entrants who have completed the registration form to receive special offer updates from Hello! Canada agree to receive promotional offers, coupons and special information from Hello! Canada via email or mail. To receive a copy of the list of the winners, send a postage-paid, self-addressed envelope on or before the Contest Closing Date to Diana Giveaway, c/o Hello! Canada, One Mount Pleasant, 8 th floor, Toronto, ON, M4Y 2Y5.
10. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. All entries that are incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, have been submitted through illicit means, or do not conform to or satisfy any condition of the rules may be disqualified by Hello! Canada. Hello! Canada takes no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, late or destroyed entries, or for typographical or other production errors. Hello! Canada is not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this contest. All entries become the property of Hello! Canada and will not be returned.
12. By entering this contest, entrants release and hold harmless Hello! Canada, their advertising and promotional agencies and the contest judge(s), contest prize suppliers, their parent and affiliated companies, and their respective directors, officers, owners, partners, employees, agents, dealers, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively the "Releasees") from any liability in connection with this contest or, if declared a winner, the prize. Before being declared a winner, entrants may be required to sign and return, within a stipulated period of time, a Declaration of Compliance with the Contest Rules and a full Liability and Publicity Release. By accepting a prize, winners consent to the use of their name, place of residence, voice, statements, photographs, videos or other likenesses for publicity, advertising or informational purposes in any medium or format without further compensation or notice.
13. This contest will be run in accordance with these rules, subject to amendment by Hello! Canada . Contestants must comply with these rules, and will be deemed to have received and understood the rules by participating in the contest. The terms of this contest, as set out in these rules, are not subject to amendment or counter-offer, except as set out herein.
14. (a) Hello! Canada assumes no responsibility for failure of the internet or the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. Hello! Canada reserves the right to cancel or suspend the email portion of this contest should a virus, bug or other cause beyond their reasonable control corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Hello! Canada reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. (b) If the identity of an entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The individual assigned to the e-mail address for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address is considered the authorized account holder. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the selected entry. All entries must be submitted from a valid e-mail account that may be identified by reverse domain name search. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry in this contest will be the contest server machine(s).