To accept the flattering award, the Maroon 5 frontman gave a speech on Jimmy Kimmel, thanking the various people in his life – including his “sexy” mom and dad – who made it all possible.
“This award actually means everything to me,” he joked. “Becoming this cool, confident and seductive has been quite a journey.”
Of course, he had to give one Canadian frontrunner credit where it was due.
"Ryan Gosling, thank you for turning this down constantly," the 34-year-old quipped. "That really helped my campaign.”
There’s more to The Voice judge than just good looks alone, however.
How well do you know the so-called “sexiest man alive?”
10 SURPRISING FACTS ABOUT ADAM LEVINE:
1. He’s ambidextrous: Adam writes with his left hand but plays guitar with his right.
2. He’s a close friend to Jake Gyllenhal (they’ve known each other since kindergarten!).
3. He’s afraid of bees and sharks.
4. He once worked as a writer’s assistance on the CBS show Judging Amy (producer Barbara Hall was a family friend.)
5. He’s engaged to Victoria’s Secret model Behati Prinsloo. Previously, he rather infamously dated former Vogue editor Jane Herman, whom the album Songs About Jane is based on.
6. He has attention hyperactivity deficit disorder (ADHD), which he controls with medication.
7. He travels with a yoga instructor so he can practice yoga every day.
8. His favourite musicians are Prince and Stevie Wonder, who he calls his “spiritual leader.”
9. Adam has Jewish ancestry on both sides of his family.
10. His middle name is Noah.