With her stunning good looks and ultra-sexy demeanour one might be tempted to write Margot Robbie off as yet another prototypical blond Hollywood actress.
But the down-to-earth Aussie has proven herself to be anything but. Elegant, well spoken and a bit of a tomboy – in real life, the 23-year–old rising star is a far cry from her Wolf of Wall Street character, Naomi.
Read on for our list of 10 facts you may not have known about Margot...
1. Born in Australia in 1990, Margot was raised on her grandparents’ farm on the Gold Coast. She later moved to Melbourne to pursue acting.
2. She was a series regular on an Australian soap opera called Neighbours, in which she played a beautiful and fiery character (sound familiar?) named Donna Brown.
3. She’s a tomboy. “I’m happiest when I’m surfing or out on the farm hunting wild pigs, building cubbies out in the paddocks or riding around on motorbikes,” she said in a 2008 interview on the Neighbours website.
4. She hilariously dressed up as James Franco’s character from Spring Breakers for Halloween… and there are photos to prove it!
5. Unlike her character, Margot says she’s not much a girly-girl when it comes to fashion. "Most of the time I end up wearing shorts and a T-shirt and a pair of Converse," she told Grazia Daily. "If I’m making an effort it’s on the less feminine side, more grungy and edgy." Her favourite red carpet designers are Oscar de la Renta and Ellie Saab, but the actress opts for Australian-made clothes for everyday wear.
6. She is a proud member of Greenpeace.
7. To prepare for her sex scene with Leonardo DiCaprio, she took three shots of tequila – at nine in the morning!
8. Despite her stunning good looks, Margot says she struggles to find a date. "I'm always single. I'm never in one place long enough to get a boyfriend,” she revealed in a recent interview. When asked about her dream man, however, Margot didn’t hesitate to describe what she was looking for: "Rugged. I like ponytails, beards, maybe a tattoo,” she said.
9. She worked at Subway before making her acting debut and says she’s a pro at building the perfect hoagie — especially BLTs.
10. She stars opposite Will Smith in the upcoming film Focus, in which she plays a pickpocket.