Exclusive: Meghan Markle’s ‘Suits’ co-stars get exciting news on royal wedding invites

By Meaghan Wray

With Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's nuptials on May 19 fast approaching, fans are eager to find out who will score a coveted invitation. And while much is still unknown about the royal wedding of the year, a source has exclusively revealed to HELLO! that the former actress's former Suits co-stars, many of whom are close friends, will have spots in the pews at St George's Chapel!

MORE: Everything we know about Meghan and Harry's Royal Wedding

Revealing that members from the hit Canadian paralegal show have made it onto the invite list, the insider confirmed: “The cast has been contacted in regards to invites from Kensington Palace,” adding that the esteemed guests who will watch the couple exchange vows will include Suits star Abigail Spencer, as well as actress Priyanka Chopra and tennis star Serena Williams. Meghan shared the screen with Patrick J. Adams, who played her onscreen fiancé Mike Ross, as well as Sarah Rafferty, Rick Hoffman, Gabriel Macht and Gina Torres on the USA network show.

a monochrome image of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle nuzzling in their Official Engagement photo

Meghan spent seven years filming the well-loved TV series in Toronto, quickly making the Canadian city her home alongside fellow Suits stars. It was announced earlier this year that she would be leaving the series after season 7. “After seven seasons, ‘Suits’ remains one of USA Network’s most beloved and popular series,” Chris McCumber, President, Entertainment Networks for NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment, said in a statement. “While we’re excited for Season 8, everyone at USA will deeply miss Patrick and Meghan, and are grateful for the talent and commitment they brought to ‘Suits’ season after season. We wish each of them nothing but the very best.”

GALLERY: Meghan Markle's Guide to Toronto

Of her departure from acting, Meghan shared her feelings in her first televised interview with her Prince Charming following the couple's engagement. "I just see it as a change… It's a new chapter, right? And also keep in mind I've been working on my show for seven years. So we were very, very fortunate to be able to have that sort of longevity on a series, and for me once we hit the 100 episode marker I thought, you know what, I have - I have ticked this box and I feel really proud of the work I have done there and now it's time to, as you said work - work as a team with - with you." She revealed that she's looking forward to focussing on the causes that are so important to her.

The bride-to-be and her future husband want to help admirers feel involved in their big day, so aside from their star-studded guest list Meghan and Harry have graciously opened up their guest list to the public – and not just on live broadcast television. A lucky 2,640 citizens will receive special access when the couple ties the knot. The exciting information was shared in a statement from the Palace: "Prince Harry and Ms. Meghan Markle have said they want their Wedding Day to be shaped so as to allow members of the public to feel part of the celebrations too. This wedding, like all weddings, will be a moment of fun and joy that will reflect the characters and values of the Bride and Groom."

While Meghan prepares to be baptized by Justin Welby, Archbishop of Canterbury, according to The Sunday Times, she's reportedly enjoying a host of pre-wedding festivities. In addition to the fun bachelorette party she is said to have had with her closest friends in London on Mar. 4, E! reports that the 36-year-old had an intimate bridal shower organized by her close friend Markus Anderson at the chic Soho Farmhouse.

HELLO! Canada magazine is available for your tablet and smartphone. Get HELLO! Canada, PEOPLE, Vanity Fair and over 100 more of the world’s best magazines for one low monthly price at Texture by Next Issue. CLICK HERE to sign up for a free trial.