With just a few weeks to go until their big day, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have announced that they’ve chosen their official wedding photographer. Alexi Lubomirski, the person responsible for the duo’s glamorous engagement photos, has been tapped to capture portraits on May 19 at the couple's royal wedding in Windsor. A statement from Kensington Palace confirmed the news on Friday (Apr. 13).
Alexi is a well-known portrait photographer, and photographed Prince Harry and Ms. Markle last year at Frogmore House, Windsor, to mark the news of their engagement. pic.twitter.com/p42g8QRjmY
— Kensington Palace (@KensingtonRoyal) April 13, 2018
"I could not be more thrilled or honoured to photograph this historic occasion," Alexi shared. "Having taken Prince Harry and Ms Markle's engagement photos, it brings me such joy to be able to witness again, the next chapter in this wonderful love story."
Back in December when the intimate portraits of the prince, 33, and former actress, 36, were released, the 42-year-old photographer said he was delighted to work with the Royal Family.
"It was one of the easiest, most joyful jobs because they were so deliciously in love," he told E!, adding that the couple would "smile and giggle" when they glanced at each other.
For their part, Harry and Meghan said the artist’s work reflects their character.
While this will be the first wedding Alexi has photographed, he’s had years of experience working with A-listers in high-pressure situations. Beyond taking images for magazine covers, he’s worked with the likes of Beyoncé, Charlize Theron, Gwyneth Paltrow, Natalie Portman, Jennifer Lopez, Jennifer Aniston and Julia Roberts.
Alexi is also familiar with Royal protocol and etiquette, since he’s a descendant of Polish royalty. His official title is His Serene Highness Prince Alexi Lubomirski, though we'd imagine he'll allow his subjects at the nuptials to call him Alexi!