The Fab Four speak out following a big change to The Royal Foundation

By Zach Harper

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Duke and Duchess of Sussex have issued statements after news that Lorraine Heggessey will no longer be the CEO of The Royal Foundation.

On Tuesday (July 23), it was revealed Lorraine will step down from her role. She worked with the couples over more than two years. Jason Knauf , the senior advisor to Prince William and Duchess Kate, will take on the role beginning Oct. 1.

“Lorraine has played an integral role in our charitable initiatives over the last two-and-a-half years,” William and Kate said in a statement on Tuesday. “We are very grateful for her hard work and support, and wish her the very best for the future. We are pleased that Jason has been appointed as CEO and very much look forward to working with him in his new role.”

Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan were equally complimentary of their time working with Lorraine.

“It has been a great pleasure to work alongside Lorraine over the past couple of years, to champion the causes that we feel so strongly about, and we wish her well for the next stage of her career,” they said.

Lorraine also released a statement about the news, saying The Royal Foundation is in good hands with Jason at the helm.

Lorraine and her husband Ron Heggessey were pictured together at the Royal Windsor Cup polo match at the Guards Polo Club in 2018. Photo: © David M. Benett/Dave Benett/Getty Images

“This was one of the most amazing opportunities of my career,” she said, according to HELLO! UK. “It has been a huge honour to work with Their Royal Highnesses to try to change mind-sets on a wide range of issues, from the Heads Together mental health initiatives through the wellbeing of veterans to conservation. I am very proud of what The Royal Foundation has achieved during this exciting period of growth. However, as it enters its next phase, I believe it is the right time for me to step down and pursue my interests in the media sector.

“I would like to thank Sir Keith Mills and all the Trustees for their wonderful support and guidance during my time at the Foundation. There is an excellent executive team in place and I wish them and Jason every success as they steer The Foundation into this next phase.”

Lorraine was instrumental in helping publish the Together cookbook, which featured a foreword by Meghan and raised proceeds for those affected by the 2017 Grenfell Tower fire. Photo: © Ben Stansall - WPA Pool/Getty Images

The decision comes after it was announced last month that the Sussexes would split from The Royal Foundation and form their own charitable vehicle, which we now know will likely be called Sussex Royal.

MORE: Meghan and Harry's new charitable organization likely to have a big focus on women and girls' issues

William and Harry formed The Royal Foundation in 2009, and it was later joined by Kate when she married the Duke of Cambridge and Meghan when she married the Duke of Sussex. Last month, it was revealed following Harry and Meghan’s exit from the Foundation, it will be renamed to The Royal Foundation of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. The Sussexes and Cambridges will continue to work together on common initiatives, such as their mental health campaign Heads Together.

Last week, a report emerged that Harry and Meghan's new organization will be headed by a powerhouse quartet of directors with ties to political superstars such as Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton. The foundation is will likely have a big focus on causes such as “female education and sexual violence,” and will probably have a US wing, since Meghan is American. It will likely also continue to focus on conservation and environmental issues, along with mental health and supporting veterans, two things Harry has put huge emphasis on with the Invictus Games.

Don't miss a beat with HELLO! Canada's Daily Hits newsletter, your daily dose of royal and celebrity news, fashion, weddings and more. CLICK HERE to sign up for free!