'I am sure they will find good solutions,' Crown Prince Haakon says of Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan's future

By Heather Cichowski

The surprise news that Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan will "step down" as senior members of the Royal Family has drawn lots of attention and comments – and now a member of another royal family has sounded off!

Crown Prince Haakon of Norway was asked for his thoughts on the issue on Jan. 13 while meeting with the media to give an update on the health of his father, King Harald, who was hospitalized last week.

"I think if everyone should take their time to breathe, and I am sure they will find good solutions," he said, according to Town & Country.

King Harald, seated to the left, is joined by (L-R) Crown Princess Mette-Marit, Princess Ingrid Alexandra, Queen Sonja and Crown Prince Haakon in the Norwegian royal family's 2019 Christmas card. Photo: © Lise Åserud/NTB Scanpix/AFP via Getty Images

Haakon also said the King was on the path to recovery, which is great news for royals fans worldwide.

MORE: The Queen agrees to 'period of transition' in Canada and the UK for Duchess Meghan and Prince Harry

Haakon's comments came just ahead of the Queen's discussions at Sandringham with Prince Charles, Prince William and Harry about the shape of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's future roles.

Previous reports suggested talks on finding a solution were "progressing well." After the meeting, the Queen released a statement confirming that she agreed to a "period of transition" in Canada and the UK for Meghan and Harry.

"Today my family had very constructive discussions on the future of my grandson and his family," Her Majesty's statement began. "My family and I are entirely supportive of Harry and Meghan's desire to create a new life as a young family."

Don't miss a beat with HELLO! Canada's Daily Hits newsletter, your daily dose of royal and celebrity news, fashion, weddings and more. CLICK HERE to sign up for free!