The Queen remains in good health as Prince Charles is diagnosed with COVID-19

By Zach Harper

Buckingham Palace says the Queen is "in good health" despite Prince Charles's positive test for COVID-19.

Her Majesty, 93, was moved to Windsor Castle on March 19, where she has been joined by Prince Philip, 98.

"The Queen last saw The Prince of Wales briefly after the investiture on the morning of 12th March and is following all the appropriate advice with regard to her welfare," the Palace said in a statement on March 25.

The Queen is seen leaving Buckingham Palace for Windsor Castle on March 19. Photo: © Aaron Chown - WPA Pool/Getty Images

Charles has been experiencing mild symptoms of COVID-19, Clarence House said the same day when it revealed he had contracted the coronavirus.

"[He] remains in good health and has been working from home throughout the last few days as usual," the statement reads.

Duchess Camilla was also tested for COVID-19 and found negative. Both are currently self-isolating at their Birkhall home at the Royal Family's Balmoral estate in Scotland.

"It is not possible to ascertain from whom the Prince caught the virus, owing to the high number of engagements he carried out in his public role during recent weeks," the Palace finished.

Charles is not the first royal to be diagnosed with the coronavirus, but his positive COVID-19 test is a first among the British Royal Family.

Last week, Karl von Habsburg, the ancestral Archduke of Austria, said he'd contracted the virus, and Prince Albert of Monaco also said he had the illness. Both also have mild symptoms and are recovering at home and following doctors' orders. Albert continues to work from the Prince's Palace.

Don't miss a beat with HELLO! Canada's Daily Hits newsletter, your daily dose of royal and celebrity news, fashion, weddings and more. CLICK HERE to sign up for free!