Prince Charles is out of self-isolation after COVID-19 diagnosis

By Zach Harper

Prince Charles's self-isolation after being diagnosed with the coronavirus last week has ended, Clarence House says.

On March 25, it was revealed the Prince of Wales had tested positive for COVID-19 and had gone into self-isolation. He had mild symptoms and was continuing to work from Birkhall, the home he and Duchess Camilla share on the Royal Family's Balmoral estate, a statement said at the time.

"Clarence House has confirmed today that, having consulted with his doctor, The Prince of Wales is now out of self-isolation," Clarence House said on March 30. The 71-year-old's self-isolation lasted seven days, as per UK government and medical guidelines.

Camilla tested negative for the illness and also self-isolated. She will continue doing so until the end of this week, according to HELLO! UK.

Karl von Habsburg, left, and Prince Albert of Monaco were diagnosed with COVID-19 last week. Photos: © People Picture/Jens Hartmann/Shutterstock and Paul Archuleta/FilmMagic

Charles was not the first royal to contract the coronavirus, but he was the first member of the British Royal Family to test positive for it. Earlier this month, Karl von Habsburg, the ancestral Archduke of Austria, said he had the virus, as did Prince Albert of Monaco. Both also had mild symptoms, and like Charles, Albert continued to work from home at the Prince's Palace.

As of this writing, the Johns Hopkins University of Medicine says there have been more than 741,000 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in 177 countries or regions. More than 156,000 people have recovered from it, and the coronavirus has caused more than 35,000 deaths worldwide.

Don't miss a beat with HELLO! Canada's Daily Hits newsletter, your daily dose of royal and celebrity news, fashion, weddings and more. CLICK HERE to sign up for free!