Duchess Meghan and Prince Harry are getting set to step down from their senior royal roles as of March 31, and that will come some major life changes for the couple. One of those involves their SussexRoyal Instagram account.
On March 30, the couple announced they would no longer update the account or their SussexRoyal.com website once they begin their new lives. A statement from a Sussex spokesperson released through Buckingham Palace said they will no longer use the handle to post and it along with the website will "remain in existence online for the foreseeable future, although they will be inactive," according to HELLO! UK.
"While you may not see us here, the work continues," the couple wrote on March 30. "Thank you to this community – for the support, the inspiration and the shared commitment to good in the world. We look forward to reconnecting with you soon. You've been great! Until then, please take good care of yourselves, and of one another. Harry and Meghan."
View this post on Instagram
As we can all feel, the world at this moment seems extraordinarily fragile. Yet we are confident that every human being has the potential and opportunity to make a difference—as seen now across the globe, in our families, our communities and those on the front line—together we can lift each other up to realise the fullness of that promise. What’s most important right now is the health and wellbeing of everyone across the globe and finding solutions for the many issues that have presented themselves as a result of this pandemic. As we all find the part we are to play in this global shift and changing of habits, we are focusing this new chapter to understand how we can best contribute. While you may not see us here, the work continues. Thank you to this community - for the support, the inspiration and the shared commitment to the good in the world. We look forward to reconnecting with you soon. You’ve been great! Until then, please take good care of yourselves, and of one another. Harry and Meghan
The spokesperson also said the Sussex Royal Foundation, which was being established on the other side of the pond, won't continue.
"The primary initiative currently underway as part of Sussex Royal is Travalyst, The Duke's sustainable tourism initiative," the spokesperson said. "Travalyst will be established as an independent non-profit organization, based in the UK.
"The Duke is working closely with each of the Travalyst partners to better understand how this non-profit organization can aid in global recovery, especially by supporting communities, wildlife and the environment at the same time."
The spokesperson also added the couple plan to "spend the next few months focusing on their family."
"The Duke and Duchess of Sussex would prefer that in the immediate weeks and months, the focus remains on the global response to COVID-19," the statement reads. "However, we recognize there are outstanding questions relating to their future beyond their Household transition deadline.
"The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will spend the next few months focusing on their family and continuing to do what they can, safely and privately, to support and work with their pre-existing charitable commitments while developing their future non-profit organization."
Following their announcement that they would step down from their senior royal roles earlier this year, it was also revealed Harry and Meghan will no longer use the Sussex Royal name. They will not use that name when the organization is established, according to HELLO! UK.
"While the duke and duchess are focused on plans to establish a new non-profit organization, given the specific UK government rules surrounding the use of the word royal, it has been therefore agreed that their non-profit organization, when it is announced this spring, will not be named Sussex Royal Foundation," a spokesperson said in February, according to The Guardian.
"The Duke and Duchess of Sussex do not intend to use 'SussexRoyal' in any territory post spring 2020."
As part of their transition from their senior royal roles, the couple will retain, but not use, their HRH titles. They also "remain committed to and supportive to their patronages and will continue to work closely with them" following their exit, HELLO! UK a spokesperson said on March 30.
Reports also say Harry and Meghan have hired Catherine St. Laurent to be their new chief of staff. She will help with their new lives as of April and will also be the executive director of their non-profit organization, according to HELLO! UK.
Last week, it was reported the Sussexes had relocated to Los Angeles with baby Archie, and are "living in a secluded compound" there. The City of Angels, which is Meghan's hometown, is also where her mother Doria Ragland lives.
They had previously been staying at a home on Vancouver Island just north of the British Columbia capital of Victoria. They spent much of their six-week break from royal duties there before and after returning to the United Kingdom in January to announce their departure from their senior royal roles.