On March 31, it was announced the head of state, who tested positive earlier this month, has been declared cured by his medical team.
"Doctors who have followed Prince Albert II since the start of his COVID-19 infection today allow him to end his quarantine period," a statement from the Prince's Palace reads. "The sovereign prince is declared cured and in good health.
"He will soon join his family and continue to observe the period of confinement while remaining in close contact with his government. His Highness once again reminds the people of Monaco of the importance of scrupulously respecting confinement measures and limiting contact with others. Rigorous compliance with these rules will help stop the spread of coronavirus."
Charlene has been spending time at Roc Agel, the Monaco royals' country home. Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella, the couple's five-year-old twins, have been with her. His doctors told him to be safe, he should stay away from his wife children for an additional 24 hours.
"The house there is big enough that I can isolate," he told People on March 31, saying he hopes he gets a ". "We have an extra bedroom at the end of the hall and the kids are in room downstairs."
He told the publication he'd stayed in touch with his family by FaceTime while he'd been in isolation.
"We told stories and talked about what we did during the day. I told [the twins] to be safe. They knew I was sick and that I had to stay away," he said.
The 62-year-old's diagnosis was revealed on March 19. The day before, he had said Monaco would go into lockdown to fight the coronavirus, which the World Organization has declared a pandemic.
In a statement at the time, the Palace said Albert, who is married to Princess Charlene and is the son of the late Princess Grace, continued to work from home and was in a good state of health with mild symptoms.
"My symptoms are flu-like, but it feels like a pretty mild case," Albert told People during his recovery. "I've a slight fever, not really that bad. A little bit of a cough. I'd a runny nose the first few days that was the first sign. I've felt a little stuffed up, but that's it. I have to be careful because of my recent medical history fighting off pneumonia a couple of ears ago."
Earlier this week, Prince Charles – whose positive test result was revealed on March 25 – finished his period of self-isolation. At the time of his diagnosis, Clarence House said the Prince of Wales had mild symptoms and was continuing to work from Birkhall, the home he and Duchess Camilla share on the Royal Family's Balmoral estate. The 71-year-old's self-isolation lasted seven days, as per UK government and medical guidelines.
Camilla tested negative for the illness. The Duchess of Cornwall self-isolated separately from her husband and will continue to do so until the end of this week, according to HELLO! UK. It's not known whether the couple are still at Birkhall, however.
Just before Albert and Charles revealed their diagnoses, Karl von Habsburg, the ancestral Archduke of Austria, also announced he'd tested positive. He called the illness "annoying" and said he was working with doctors to follow their recommendations to recover.
As of this writing, the Johns Hopkins University of Medicine says there have been more than 823,000 cases of COVID-19 in 179 countries and regions. More than 174,000 people have recovered from the illness, and the coronavirus has been responsible for more than 40,000 deaths worldwide.