The son of the late Princess Grace wore a blue jacket and scarf and smiled and waved as he left the royal palace and drove away in a car.
"He will soon join his family and continue to observe the period of confinement while remaining in close contact with his government," the Prince's Palace said in a statement that day.
Albert was set to rejoin his wife, Princess Charlene, and their two children, five-year-old twins Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella, at the family's country home of Roc Agel. They've been there since he went into isolation in March and he told People he's looking forward to reuniting with them and jokingly said he hopes he gets a "Welcome Home" banner when he arrives.
He also told the publication he'd been speaking with Charlene, Gabriella and Jacques every day.
"We FaceTimed – usually in the evenings," he said. "We told stories and talked about what we did during the day. I told [the twins] to be safe. They knew I was sick and that I had to stay away."
Albert's COVID-19 case was considered mild when he was diagnosed with the illness last month. The day before his positive test was revealed, he placed Monaco under lockdown, urging everyone to do their part to help stop spreading the virus. The Prince's Palace reiterated this message on March 31.
"His Highness once again reminds the people of Monaco of the importance of scrupulously respecting confinement measures and limiting contact with others. Rigorous compliance with these rules will help stop the spread of coronavirus."
Prince Charles, who was also diagnosed with COVID-19 in March, came out of his self-isolation on March 30. He and Duchess Camilla were isolating separately at Birkhall, their home on the Royal Family's Balmoral estate in Scotland. He's since released a video speaking about his experiences recovering from the coronavirus, calling it a "strange, frustrating and often distressing experience."
As of this writing, the Johns Hopkins University of Medicine says there have been more than 887,000 cases of COVID-19 confirmed in 180 countries and regions. More than 185,000 people have since recovered from the illness. The coronavirus has been responsible for more than 44,000 deaths worldwide.